I was recently nominated for The Liebster Award by Susan Lee Maccarelli, who blogs over at Pecked to Death by Chickens. Thanks so much Susan! I indeed accept this award with much gratitude. Susan and I met, via Twitter, a few months ago due to our common appreciation for bathroom getaways. She has a great sense of humour and her blog is definitely worth a gander so check out Pecked to Death by Chickens for some down-to-earth parenting humour and more…
Now, in order to accept this award I am required to share 11 random facts about myself. So, here goes…
- I used to be in love with Lord Byron. Despite the goat rumours, he was my high school crush.
- My favourite yoga pose is savasana (corpse pose). It’s the one pose I’ve mastered.
- I love Indian food, especially Chicken Bhuna with garlic naan bread.
- My cocktail of choice is a Dirty Martini.
- My favourite place to be is in my comfy bed.
- The strangest thing I’ve ever eaten is snake.
- I love sniffing lavender- it’s my vice of choice.
- I met my husband in Hong Kong.
- Chocolate is my BF.
- I am 98% chilled and 2% the opposite of that
- I think spending time with my girlfriends is the best therapy.
Susan also provided 11 questions for me to answer:
- Olivia Pope or Jack Bauer? Jack, for sure.
- Cake or Pie? Cake. Ideally chocolate with lots of chocolate icing!
- Manicure or Pedicure? 100% pedicure. Feet need TLC and they don’t get it from me. I don’t even like the look of my fingers with nail polish on them.
- Which is worse? Cleaning up blood or vomit? Defo blood
- Facial hair on men? Lots, well manscaped or clean shaven? Not lots! Manscaped or clean shaven please.
- Heels? (how many inches?) or flats? Heels for nights out, must be strapped on and attached well to my feet though or heeled boots that are obviously attached to my legs. I am not very skilled at walking in heels. Flats for day to day.
- Fourth of July or New Years? I am Canadian so I’ll say New Years but only as an excuse to eat something indulgent like lobster.
- Christmas or Thanksgiving? Love Christmas as it’s magical for the kids.
- Kale or broccoli? Kale
- Winter Olympics or Summer? Winter. Canada did kick some butt this year in Sochi.
- Gluten or Gluten-free? Either is fine with me.
And now, to pass on the honour…
I nominate the following bloggers to receive the Liebster Award:
Jennifer at http://mommyhooddom.com
Sarah at http://parentyourbusiness.com
Linda at http://lindamalcom.com
Mamapotamus at http://mamapotamus.net
Ashia at http://ashprincewriter.wordpress.com
Shannon at http://gameofdiapers.com
If you choose to accept, please complete the tasks as set below. It takes a little bit of time but it’s fun and you get to mingle with fellow bloggers and share your blog with their followers.
Now, for those of you whom I have nominated, your questions are:
- What is the strangest food you’ve eaten?
- What do you cook that your kids love?
- What’s your exercise of choice?
- Where is your ideal vacation spot?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favourite post that you’ve written thus far?
- What are your guilty pleasures?
- What gets you down?
- What makes you happy?
- What’s your beverage of choice?
- What’s the best thing about being you?