These Clarks were made for walking. Good thing Carrie Bradshaw didn’t see. My Clarks, yes they were awesome On the streets of NYC
That’s right. I hit the streets of NYC in comfort this week and feel very lucky to have done so. I love New York and getting the chance to go there with my hubby really was worth all the effort (and anxiety!) We left the house at 6am, after a sleepless night (for me). I was convinced my alarm wouldn’t go off so I kept checking it. I was sporting some decent eye luggage by the time we set off and I also had a churning, sick feeling in my stomach because I was leaving my little ladies BUT I knew they’d be safe and happy at home with my parents. Besides, a getaway like this is not be missed!
We had lots of fun, although hubby was working part of the time, while I was Carrie Bradshaw-ing in a local café. I did suffer a touch of self-inflicted illness though, for the first part of day two, but was able to pull it together after some Advil and a nap.
Over the past two days in NYC I’ve laughed a lot. I’ve also shaken my head in disbelief a few times. I’ve appreciated my life and was almost flattened by a bus. Sinatra really sums it up for a lot of New Yorkers. They do it “their way,” like Frank. I’ve taken a few thoughts away with me this week…. Here are 5 NYC-inspired truths:
- You don’t need a stage or even a dance floor to showcase your talent. Starbucks is a perfect spot for solo line-dancing. The world is your stage so get out there and own it!
- The Naked Cowboy is now a tame fixture in Times Square, since the arrival of the thong wearing, body painted ladies that is. How will their nipples fair in the winter months? That is the question…
- The smells of NYC streets and subways can threaten strongly to tip a delicate stomach over the edge. Therefore alcohol consumption should be monitored, carefully. The difference between 3 and 5 martinis can be significantly felt the next day. Drink wisely.
- Naps make everything better. Even when you’re in an exciting city filled with hustle and bustle. If bed is calling, go to it.
- It is a bit glamorous to have a pee, in a W/C with a big window that overlooks the city’s skyline (in particular the Empire State building). Note* If you’d like to experience a glamorous pee, like me, go for a cocktail at The Standard in the Meat Packer’s District.